Saturday 25 April 2009

Day one & Two

Eeeehhhhh, where to start? What a mental day. I was awake for 36 hours in total, with 4 hours sleep the night before I left. I feel fine now, but by about 11:30 last night I was pretty bad, especially with how much walking (shopping) we did. I kept having micro sleeps on the train, I NEVER sleep on public transport, it comes from being a Londoner, you don’t trust anyone, but my body/brain couldn’t help itself. Crazy.

Anyhoo, I had such a great time with Yuki and her friends; Rose, May and Izumi. All wonderful girls, all new friends. I bought some postcards today, so my nearest and dearest should be getting those. Not as tacky as I would have liked, but very beautiful and VERY Japanese.

Yuki’s mother is a diamond, such a lovely lady, and her house is fantastic. I feel very comfortable and welcome, it is a light feeling, some places I have stayed it have felt very heavy and tinged with sadness or anger, but not this place. Maybe it is because it was owned by a Tea Master until a few months ago when he passed away. Tea Masters are very Zen, and at peace, the house reflects that.

I bought tacky things today, Ego, you should expect a Kewpie (Baby Mayo) toy when I get back.

My Japanese has improved vastly in just 24 hours, I knew it would, I just need to be around people who speak it all the time. I have actually impressed myself with how much I knew and understand. I have a couple of lazy days in Narita with Yuki and her Mother coming up; mostly walking (shopping) and enjoying the weather and surroundings. Today it is raining like a bastard, proper Japanese rain, but tomorrow is broadcast as being sunny and how. Yuki’s mother doesn’t speak any English –which is perfect for my Japanese. Then we are hitting Tokyo and Harajuku again, I have to try not to buy too much, it is really very hard though, there are so many wonderful things. Ego, I want to buy you so much, I am sorry I can’t. You REALLY need to come here, I think you will be in heaven, Japanese clothes are designed for you, and SUCH good quality. You will go crazy.

I tried momja last night. It looks like vomit, but tastes delicious. I also did some Puri Kura, and Rose dragged me to a solo Puri Kura booth, where I did anything but the beautiful model poses that the girls in the examples were doing! I also had spinach cake yesterday, sooooo tasty! I recommended it if you come to Tokyo.

Spinach cake.


Momja. It really shouldn't look like this! Rose & Izumi got a bit carried away!


No jet-lag for me, but I have found my mind wandering a bit more than usual. Probably because I have no worries here, so my mind is free to think the weird little thoughts that it wants to, like how come we so rarely say the lower case alphabet when we are adults. You know the one; a,b,c,d...’ is like ‘ah, buh, cuh, duh...’ I guess it’s pretty superfluous when you think about it.
Anyway, that’s it for today. I guess I will be posting these blogs in batches, as and when I can get internet access, either way I will alert you when they are up.

Until next time! Jaa ne

Me and Yuki.

2 comments:

  1. You look so happy!!

    Have a great time in Japan and cant wait to read more about it.

    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nakey pool looks a little. . . used. You sure you were'nt over relaxed?

    ReplyDelete